my husband decided to favor me by giving me a new shiny google email account, since neither of us is totally pleased with our current email provider. This, you understand, is a man who dislikes google intensely (but uses it daily), to someone who likes it and uses it daily but never wanted an extra email account.
Now I have one. Google tends to swoop up everything on your computer, like a giant vacuum, and when I came back to the computer I found that Google had become my new email of choice for everything, including Blogger. Mama ain't happy. And from past experience I know that short of hitting this thing with a sharp stick and a flame thrower, this will be the email of choice listed at the top of the page.
If you get the urge to email me, the old email works just fine. We just won't tell Google.
Didn't realize how much stress I was under with Toby, but apparently whether it's a sick cat or a sick person, if you have the care of them, it drains you. I've had almost no energry for anything all winter and spring. Suddenly it's like someone pulled the bag off my head and I can function again.
We seem to have segued right into March, here. It's been no warmer than 50 deg.for a week, amd I've actually had to run the kitchen stove all week to keep the house up to 65 or 70. Right now it's raining, and the peonies are so pretty in the fog...

Been a while, has it not?Hope all is well in your neck of the woods?
ReplyDeleteI don't understand why there is such enmity towards technology as without it we'd all likely be lost at sea these days.
im here, pretty much...
ReplyDeleteI have no problem with technology, I just ignore it when I can, and we get along just fine...=)
I'm right there with you about Google. It's an internet hog. Also, I go by a plume de nom and so things get really weird when I want to use that instead of my legal name. I'm on Word Press instead of Blogger, so that always leads to other weird stuff. I've been blogging for way too many years, but I'm still trying to figure out my way around. Ugh. Now, let's see if I can publish this! Mona
ReplyDeleteI like most of what google does, but the parts that take charge whether you want them to or not...no. just no.
ReplyDeleteI have tried twice (or maybe 12) times to join Word Press, but it's just beyond me for some reason. Im like a pianist who can bang out Stephen Foster without even notations, but show me anything more complicated and I turn to strawberry jelly.
Even this place has had major upturns and not all of them have been pretty. They say don't mess with success, but maybe they're saying it to the wrong people, eh.
Just had a fun afternnon watching three pileated woodpeckers duking it out over a tree full of berries in the yard. We finally realized they were probably all nest mates, nearly grown, and not yet independent enough to find their own apartments...damn but those birds are big!
I think it also means the woods are creeping closer to the house, one pine at a time. oooooo
Everything good with you, Judy? Just checking in.
ReplyDeleteLaguna from Simcountry. Yes, I have been reading your blog every so often throughout the years.
oh I just found this, Laguna. Yes, Im fine, aging erratically but steadily, and thank you for taking the time to read.
ReplyDeleteIt's been so long, i almost remember SimCountry. Almost.
not sure if this will work, but it does seem that I am now persona non grata here. sigh. if you want to contact me, up there in the upper right corner is my email, which does seem to be working.
ReplyDeleteone more try to see if the ice is out on the pond
ReplyDeleteson of a gun there I am. Was just reading the comments about last year's cold June temps, It's mid May now, and right now the temps are down in the 50s again, and should be colder than that by morning. It feels like while we slept, the weather gods came along and pushed all the seasons forward so that now we are having some very confused apple trees in full blossom, but the morning temps are down in the 40s. If I still had a garden I'd be out there throwing blankets all over the plants...
ReplyDeletemaybe it works now maybe not. let's find out
ReplyDeleteyou dont suppose
ReplyDeletenot holding my breath, maybe...just maybe
ReplyDeleteLol if only
ReplyDeleteit;s dark, it's late, the wood is all stacked and ready for winter; the deer (and the turkeys, surprisingly) seem to have lost their wariness of us. It's a good feeling, but then I realize deer are not the sharpest critter out there, and it "you" are okay, then all those other humans must be, too...
ReplyDeletepossibly I can sign in as anonymous...which is okay, sometimes anonymous is the place to be
ReplyDelete