Friday, March 25, 2022

Map

Map

Once you know the way--
where the road makes that sharp left turn
at the corner, and rises 
slowly to the crest of the hill
just where that stand of white pine
waits to shelter you 
from the sun, or the weather
once you reach that point
pause, look back, 
see  how far you've come
and know you're almost home

3 comments:

  1. Nothing like a scammer to start the day off with a thud...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home, JT. I've missed your verse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you, Ron. Im not writing any longer, it's like the bottomless well suddenly developed a bottom. It does happen, and while I miss it like mad, you can't force it.
    Now and then something sneaks through, but I guess I just ran out of 'push'.

    This place is an empty room now, seemed a shame to dump it, ego being what it is, and also seemed a handy place to put stuff out, just because.

    It's also nice to see someone actually reading it. =) (I'll also try to keep the balrogs away, when I can)

    ReplyDelete