Wednesday, July 15, 2020
Seeing Things
Seeing Things
you wake up in the middle of the night
not sure what--or who--
but never dare to turn the light on
just in case it wasn't just a dream
or just in case
it was
https://poetsandstorytellersunited.blogspot.com/2020/07/weekly-scribblings-28-seeing-things.html
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Sometimes you're startled awake and repeating to yourself "It was only a dream, it was only a dream"...other times you keep your eyes closed and wish for the dream never to end. Dreams are funny that way as you so eloquently say.
ReplyDeleteyep, I hear that. And sometimes you get one that you carry around like a puppy, never want to put it down...
DeleteI hate the good ones that disappear as soon as you open your eyes. It's like eating the perfect meal, but not remembering what it was afterward. =)
Lights on or off...These days, it doesn't much matter; impossible to differentiate truth/dream/nightmare. At least for me...
ReplyDeleteNot sleeping much anyway, so...
Take care of yourself, hon. I worry about you, you know. ANYWAY.
DeleteOh yes! That's it exactly.
ReplyDeleteRelatable. :)
ReplyDeleteLately, the nightmare is there when you wake up.
ReplyDeleteI find it amazing that we can plod through so much er,stuff, and still manage to form full sentences.
DeleteIt does seem to be creeping in on all sides, I will admit, but I've gotten very good at not seeing it if it's not right in front of me. Some days it works, some days, it doesn't. Mercifully we don't have a TV, and what my husband listens to on his computer, I block with earplugs.
It does me no good to watch Faux News, or his latest blonde dolly as his Press Secretary, I'll stick with YouTube.
This makes me wonder...Nicely written.
ReplyDeleteheh
Deletemy work here is done, and thank you, Jenna