Tuesday, July 28, 2020

playing with the new camera

What is really neat about this camera, all of these pictures  (with the exception of the butterfly) were taken from 60 to 100 feet or more away. The butterfly was about 20. I may get over this. =)


catbird with worm


Charlie guarding the field, the house, the porch...he takes his role very seriously


6 point buck, and while I was taking this two more appeared:  I suspect they are triplets, usually you don't see bucks like this together and they all seem to be of the same size and age, so...


Mother and fawn, still in it's spotty stage and yes it's in the same spot the bucks were in the previous day

this is what a really good zooooom lens can do. This is a tiny butterfly called, GreenishBlue (how imaginative), and its no bigger than my little fingernail

13 comments:

  1. These are wonderful nature pictures and I appreciate you sharing them. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always been glittery green with envy over people who can get photos of bee fur and butterfly eyelashes, and now, by the harry, I can too.

      Brushing the glitter out of my hair...
      =)
      dont even need to retouch them, although once enlarged I notice that the buck was a bit blurry around the edges...

      Delete
  2. very nice! i especially love the photo of Charlie. you can feel his presence in the midst of that beautiful scenery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlie is, as all cats are, his own critter. He has finally decided on his role as Guard Cat, apparently escorting turkeys off the driveway in front of HIS porch two summers ago was so heady, he decided to expand his range. The turkeys, btw, have never come back to that part of the driveway.
      He was down there for at least a half hour, until he was satisfied that All Was Clear. =)

      Delete
  3. GOOd pics. what kind is the camera?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a Lumix DMC-FZ300 (Panasonic)--
    digital zoom, it will take movies (with sound), you can control the lighting, focus, color, spped of the shot, panorama, it probably could walk the dog and wash the car if I can find the right combo on this...and it comes with a PDF file, 375 page instruction booklet. I do have to be careful not to hit the wrong button at the wrong time or odd things begin to happen onscreen =)
    One thing I do like, it's excellent in low light.
    And you don't have to have your camera in the lion's face (so to speak) to take a close up.

    What I'm waiting for is this fall, when the geese migrate, and when the starlings invade the woods on their way to wherever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you noticed that little butterflies often have boring names? Severely descriptive, like comma because there's a little wing marking that looks like -- a comma! The bigger ones fare better. Tiger swallowtail, dusky swallowtail are nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It could be that all the really cool Big butterflies are easier to see, and record, and those poor lovely little ones are just getting the left over names. Like comma,and bluegreenish..."well, waddya think, Joe, it's kinda blue and kinda green, how about just 'blue-greenish' and leave at that..."

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. well, thank you. Are you braced for the tropical storm? Wouldn't you know, we just got our first two cords of wood deliverd two days ago...
      I did notice that the weather men seem to have little to no idea how to pronounce "Isaias" and one of them this morning gave up and is calling it Eseese.

      sigh.

      Delete
    2. It's a Hispanic name so people are falling down between the Anglo version most of them are used to and the authentic one! I'm having enough trouble spelling it, never mind saying it too.

      Delete
  7. I posted a comment several days ago which hasn't landed. Hm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oops. I think it landed, gently, I just didn't pick it up. sorry...(mentally whips self with birch stick)

      Delete