Friday, September 27, 2019

Fantasy

There was an announcement on the news that  Samuel L. Jackson was now the new voice of Amazon Alexa.  That lovely baritone, rippling out of the speaker...And then I thought, if I had a choice, it wouldn't be SLJ...

                                             Alexa, Tell Me A Story 

     One of the longer grey days of November.  Outside a cold steady rain sliding down the windowpanes, with an occasional  splat when the wind picked up again.  And now, just before sunset, fog adding its base notes to the music. 

     My coffee was nearly gone, and what was left was tepid.  I wanted more, but was too rain-weary to contemplate the long ten foot walk to the kitchen to make another cup. 

     When I get like this, a giddy little angel-with-a-pitchfork wakes up, and perches itself on my shoulder.  "Alexa", I said, quietly, 'Tell me a story.  In the good voice."  There was a pause, and then the voice of  Morgan Freeman began to slide across the room.  "What kind of story would you like?"  You could hear the smile. See the crinkly eyes.  I considered carefully; "Oh, I don't know.  Maybe Little Red Riding Hood?  The naughty one?" 

2 comments:

  1. Morgan Freeman has a voice that is so easy to listen to, especially on a rainy day, or any day. It soothes one like a lovely cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been a fan of his since his days on The Electric Company, at a time when I was probably way too old to be watching it, but I learned as much about the WHY of English pronunciation from that show as I ever did in school.
      And he is a marvel, isn't he. He's like butter.

      Delete