Sunday, October 21, 2018
security on the hoof
When I go into my local bank, the teller looks at me, smiles, and says, you don't need your passbook number, I've seen you in here before...and gets me the money I ask for. Not sure that's comforting or scary.
However, when I go into a (free)game site online I am confronted with enough cyber locks and red flags to make me give up in despair. I tried to access an older site this morning, forgetting that my old email address which was on the screen is not my current one, and when I mindlessly typed in the password, you could almost see the security guards snap to attention.
Oh dear. Intruder Intruder.
I had to explain that it had been a few years, and this was my new email addy, and they responded generously by saying they would have to have their security team review it. Safety, you know.
I think I've seen the last of that gamesite.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment