Sunday, August 19, 2018

Wombats



This started out in a totally different place, and when I started looking at these incredibly funny, charming animals, I knew they needed their own post.



wombat movie

There are dozens of You Tube videos about these little guys, all of them make Cute Kitties pale by comparison,and I LOVE Cute Kitty videos.

this is my favorite.  I want one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZG66GM_LrIA

8 comments:

  1. They look like they could do a lot of damage to furniture with those claws, but yes, they are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Addictive, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Addictive doesn't even come close. There's another video that shows one of them being lugged about by a fair sized man, with no apparent distress on either side.
      They truly look like strange teddybears.
      And I learned that their baby pouch is what is called 'upside down" because otherwise dirt would get into it and harm the baby.

      Nature has its way of making things right, doesn't it.

      Delete
  3. I can't get past the hideous name. Poor little guys, but they are pretty cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Understood. There is also the Blue Footed Booby, and the dykdyk, which is a cute-as-a-bug type of deer...

      Straight from Merriam Webster:
      "Definition of wombat
      : any of several stocky burrowing Australian marsupials (genera Vombatus and Lasiorhinus of the family Vombatidae) resembling small bears"


      Delete
  4. Who knew that watching a wombat eating for 3 minutes was what I needed in my life today?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. it's sorta like watching your cat sleep. Awww, he rolled over...oh, look, he's waving his paws.

      And look at that, the wombat is eating and eating and eating and--oh wait, now he's eating again...

      Delete