Sunday, May 27, 2018

We have been invited...


--to one of those informational 'luncheons' to learn about the latest Senior Living Center place, thing.
This one bodes to be a whopper.  They will be discussing Money Management, Investment Procedures, and you are invited to bring along your Personal Estate Planner or Investment Broker...

Considering our particular living style, there would be a strong suggestion of New Clothes for both of us.  And we would have to contact Rent-a-Broker.



7 comments:

  1. I get these all the time. Always assuming they are inviting couples. Seems they either never heard of widowed folks, with or without investment brokers, or don't actually want them to apply...

    and there's a lot of water featured, people boating, swimming, my idea of hell. So I guess I'm not their target market. So my search for a broker willing to broke my income level is now saved. I guess I'll just tend my little garden and my knitting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear that one. And the glossy cardboard thingy, plus always nearly two energetic folks with good hair, great skin, and tans, striding on the golf course or, as you say, Dealing with Water in some form...

      no.

      It's a funny thing to say, perhaps, but I'd be bored silly without something to do all day that doesn't involve groups or sports or 'sessions".


      and almost always they stress the 'gated community" aspect which makes it sound as difficult to get out as it does to get in.

      definitely no.

      Delete
  2. A lot of my friends now live in these posh gated places, which sounds like expensive prisons to me..and they love not having any maintenance at all, someone else attends even to the interiors of their homes. Which happens to be something I really like doing myself. And planting. and making something other than a noise in a group..I observe that they are living a kind of old age boarding school life, with activities, and groups and Ancient Heathers running things just like before.

    I like to visit, but not a place to actually live.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep.

      We have both run our own lives for so long we'd never last the first month. Nor would they. =)

      It's my snow, dammit, my lawn, my garden. Nobody touches my floors unless I ask them.

      Some people just revel in the idea of not having to make decisions any longer, and I can understand that, but if I lived in one of those places i'd probably be spending most of my time seeing how many rules in the rule book I could bend...

      Delete
  3. One other comment here: my idea of "Living Well But Not Here" would be to rent a suite in a good hotel. Not a huge suite, but one with an "-ette" in it, and probably for a lot less money than these places go for, and no one jollying you along to participate in anything...

    I have this little fantasy of becoming 'that nice old lady on the fifth floor, who comes down most nights to play killer scrabble with the night clerk..."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am determined to leave you home feet first on a gurney. As to those brokers who think they can get a hold of my money, no way, I’m taking it with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, if I'm the last one standing, I want to walk out of here (the house is bespoke, so I can just shut the door and go), and whatever plans need to be made will have been made ahead of time.
      I learned a long time ago that over is over, and you can't go back. And shouldn't.

      And these days banks are just giant mattresses, as far as im concerned.

      Delete