Saturday, March 10, 2018
I just lost this entire week (6WS)
--and suddenly woke up to the fact last night that it was Friday and I had sailed through the entire week with only two memories of any anchorlike importance; Thursday Thirteen, and Six word Saturday. If I wasn't looking at those I'd still be wondering what month it was. Or what year.
I fear turning into my mother, who during her last days at home took to crossing off all the days of the new month when she turned over the calendar page.When asked why, she said, "So I won't have to worry about what day it is."
6WS
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Days and numbers don’t matter anymore and that’s OK.
ReplyDeleteOnly if the doctor/dentist/whomever forgets to call you and remind you of your appointment, then it does matter.
DeleteAnd getting them bills out before the due date and leaving you to wonder why you lost the power...=)
And I do like to know when my birthday might be coming up so I'll know if Im older now.
Lol. I kinda like the way your Mom thinks. I always order a confection first at the diner to prevent not having room for dessert after my meal.
ReplyDeleteAnd frankly, unless you're applying for a room at the Haha hut, knowing what day it is isn't that important IMO.
Well, as the sign over my blog says, Life is too short, eat dessert instead, I have to agree with you on that one.
DeleteIt also means that if it's sunday THAT'S why there's no mail today. aha aha. We live a half mile from our mailbox, which means a trip down the road to find out if he's been. And sometimes realizing on the way home that, um, it was a sunday.
But apparently some part of me is beginning to agree with you, it don't matter, unless it matters. And the days do whiz by now, way too fast.
Remember when we were kids and it took forEVER to get to the first day of school or the last one? Christmas was two whole days away and I just KNEW it would never get here...
'Tis all relative to where we our in our own little universe, I guess...
I share that foreboding, though it didn't happen to my Mam. She didn't live long enough before cancer got her, God love her. No easy way, is there, but to make the most of today?
ReplyDeleteGot it in one, Jo. And one joy, right now: tonight we turn the clocks ahead, and while it will be 'grope in the dark" tomorrow morning when I get up, it will magically be daylight at the other end for just a bit longer.
DeleteWe takes what we gets, and says thankyou.
You're definitely right about how 6WS & the Thursday 13 tend to anchor the week. With all of this extra (retirement) time on my hands, I'm working hard to build a fuller recreational regime, as well ATTEMPT to be more productive with both writing and submitting work. I confuse myself sometimes. I try not to confuse others along the way.
ReplyDeleteBravo, Mr.L., I get confused too, sometinmes I forget the Very Important Paper I left upstairs, and every trip back up to find it gives me that pounding heart and healthy glow you can only find in a Health Spa at 100 bucks a month...
ReplyDeleteI'd say from what I've seen of your stuff lately you're doing just fine in the submit/produce line. No worries there.