Saturday, March 10, 2018

One more step



--And tomorrow we all arise in the dark, groggy, thinking, 'what...'  and realize, if we were good bunnies the previous night, it is now what time it's supposed to be and not what it was.

I rejoice in the later afternoon light, but mourn the loss of the morning light.

Some people just can't be pleased, can they.   I propose we do away with dark altogether, and that would wipe out the whole problem, right there.  😎

4 comments:

  1. Yes, some people just can't be pleased, I'm afraid I am in that group.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do think that after all the fussing, I like the idea of the changing light levels, it gives us something to row toward in early March, and that extra light at the end of the day somehow makes the rest of the month more bearable.

      Not perfect, no, but then I think what it must be like living in Alaska, where they get something like 6 hours of daylight by now...

      Delete
  2. I love the evening light, but I do fight going to bed and also fight getting up the next morning. The extra imaginary hour of light does feel like a windfall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have the same problem I do with transitions. I've learned to visualize what I need to do, and suddenly find I'm doing it; it does work.

    But I hear that, I've turned into a night owl who also gets up with the sun, which means at some point during the day this night owl is going to fall asleep in the first chair she finds...=)

    and soon enough it will be light at 5 AM, yay, and light at 8 PM: methinks it was better when we were kids. Days were longer then, and slower...

    ReplyDelete