Saturday, August 26, 2017

apologies


I am on overload right now
and my poor brain is addled enough
with rearranging furniture in two rooms
(soon to be three)  and finding new homes
for old stuff,  and there comes a time when
you really have to settle back and stop
trying to ride two or three sets of roller skates
at the same time.
I just knew this was going to happen.  The upside
is,  by the end of the madness I will have lost
nearly 30 pounds (oh yay me) and if you put that
in monetary terms,  I feel like I've been working out
daily at the local gym for three months.  For freeeee.

4 comments:

  1. Always pays to look on the bright side
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    if you can find it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, it's in there somewhere. Probably rolled up in a rug...

      Delete
  2. I don't think we'll hold anything against you. Not while your house is in intensive care. It's disorienting as well as strenuous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. My husband might, he comes from a long line of people who never moved a bureau, a table, or a nightstand.

      The bonus is, he can take just so much of this and then he gets scared and goes off to do other things.

      I've always been a furniture rearranger, it seems to be a family trait, and I was wayyy overdue for this one.

      Disorienting isn't even close. I lost a rocking chair yesterday, and it took me all day to realize I was sitting in it while I looked for it.

      Delete