Yesterday was the first day in 15 months that I actually ventured out alone, to drive in town. After a few wrong turns and Oops I Should have been in The Other Lane, I realized that when you start over that way, you forget that this lane takes you to the Mall, and the left lane takes you to the other Mall, and why are those people tooting at me? When you become familiar with the way you get in and out of a small city, you automatically know where the pivot point is, to get in the proper lane. Missed every damn one of them, lol.
The city hasn't changed a bit. I should know, I drove around most of it.
The good news is, I am finally comfortable in the 'new' car. It suddenly felt right, and even though I need a map to figure out how to turn the lights on, it's familiar. Finally.

I hear you on the car. Mine, bought right before the pandemic and scarcely driven, nowhere to drive to even the parks were closed finally started feeling normal a couple of weeks ago. I even know how to work the windshield wipers! In the olden days it would have been a couple of weeks, what with work and shopping and visiting.
ReplyDeleteI don't drive much, generally, and now it's like I know HOW to drive, just not how to get where I want to go. It's a whole familiar world out there, but they changed all the road signs.
DeleteThe other thing is, my husband has become The Shopping Man. He shops in straight lines, heads for the stuff he needs, what's on the list, in and out and on to the next store.
I tend to shop like a plinko game: bounce off of this aisle, oh wait, I need cheese, and probably butter, and on the way back I might as well get tomatoes too...
oh, I tried something with Charlie's left over fur this year. I took it out and stuck tufts up in the bark of the maple outside, and clothes pinned more right on the clothesline. I noticed today and yesterday most of it has disappeared, lol.
Someone, somewhere, has a nice soft fluffy nest.
I hesitate to put out mounds of the stuff, I'd hate to have baby birds suffocating in it, but mixed in seems a bit safer.
And something happened to the chickadee nest, or the babies (if there were any). No more activity, not for three days or so, and if there had been hatching surely we'd have noticed. No idea.