Just spent the last day and 1/2 scrolling through my entire hard drive, one file (or compilation) at a time, rereading posts that go back to nearly the first boards I was on, before Y2K. Some I deleted, huge huge files of saves that mean nothing to anyone, and are only a thin memory even for me.
I tend to get involved, sometimes a tad too much.
Out.
photos that are duplicates of duplicates. Out
old emails, some so far back I don't even remember who they were from, and even scarier, some I do. Out.
I even have two complete novels someone else wrote, why Im saving them I have no idea. Out.
I did notice, and I suspect it's not just coincidence, cleaning out 20+ years of detritus has sped up this computer very nicely.
One thing that might come in handy if I ever find another online scrabble game: a complete list of allowed two and three letter words. Also deleted at least two dozen failed-attempt games, where you sign up, play for a bit and realize this is not for you. But the works for those games were still buried. Out.
On a slightly different note, I think we finally found food that Toby the Fussy will actually eat. He rackets around in here at top speed and cannot keep an ounce of fat on him. It's like patting a furry skeleton, yet he seems healthy, just er, sleekly boney. Im hoping a canned food diet will fatten him up a bit. At least he's friendlier. And he's learned to communicate. He stands in front of what he wants and Looks At Me, very expectantly. I feel like Im playing 'what's my line" in Cat.
Warmer today, all way up to 60, but my husband was quick to poke holes in that balloon, the basic "don't get used to it' by reminding me that its supposed to get cold again, and rain. sigh.

I keep my computer cleand out almost daily. A habit I aquired back when I had a 40 meg hard drive.
ReplyDeleteoh I used to do that too, but with the bigger capacity one tends to get sloppy and save everything. And some stuff Im glad I saved, even if it goes back to the dark ages in here...
ReplyDeletein a way it's like cleaning out your closet, you have stuff in that you never used and probably never WANT to use. But it's familiar.
I got rid of a lot of files hoping that it would help me with my #$@&## blogger problem. It didn't. I am glad that you had better success.
ReplyDeleteIt isnt the files that causes the problems here, it's the #@%%#%^ stuff in the program, usually. Have you tried the help section? I don't recommend most of them, but now and then they get it right.
ReplyDelete