Oh, and while I'm still able to form full sentences, you may have noticed: we
has a new President.
Trouble is, the way things are running (running as in
oozing) in Washington these days, we may have the novelty of one President
nailed or glued to the Oval Office chair, and the other President being sworn in
at the same time.
The Chinese have a curse: "may you live in interesting times".
I don't think I can take much more of this 'interesting times' stuff, it seems
that we have earned a recess from it.
Boring sounds pretty good at this point. Government is for the
politicians to deal with. The rest of us have lives and jobs and families, and
politics should be something that we watch on the news, or talk about at a party.
It shouldn't be 24/7. it's nice to know we had the sense to vote the way we did,
and that it still matters who actually gets elected. These next two months are
going to be entirely too long for my taste,and probably everyone else's too.
In a way, it's like being partnered with a totally abusive, dysfunctional mate:
you get used to it, and it becomes your normal. You forget what normal to most
people is. Frankly? A bit of boredom from the White House would be welcome,
at this point. i'm hoping Mr. Trump behaves the way he should.
A girl can dream, can't she...
Wednesday, November 11, 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I would like to see him physically escorted out as a trespasser. I can dream, too.
ReplyDeleteI know there are people who are swiftly and quietly moving away from him, but the ones who stay have more to gain by supporting whatever it is he thinks he is, since they are powerfully placed in government. Not young, and this would be their last stand.
DeleteI would like to see him escorted out with as much force as is necessary.
his behavior is appalling.
I think he has become more dangerous. What he will do in the next 70 days and beyond has people very nervous. This is something our country has never seen before.
ReplyDeleteHe could also congratulate President Elect Biden, tell his supporters that we are all Americans and we must unite for the good of the country, invite the Bidens to the White House for a cuppa, and on January 20 go quietly on Air Force One and disappear into space never to be heard from again. Yeah, that could happen.
In all our history we have never had such behavior at this level. Lordy, he makes even Nixon look superior, and he had the good grace to resign.
DeleteI was watching Trevor Noah earlier and had to stop. Nervous doesn't even come close. My fear is that they will suddenly 'discover' lost ballots, all magically for Trump.
One by one he has undone so many necessary things, making it harder and harder for Biden to function. Methinks he has his eye on 2024, when he can say, 'see? I told you he was worthless"
frankly, though, I don't think he'd live that long.
I think we'd best not wait for the grownup Trump to enter the room...
And the doomsayers claiming 70% of Republicans believe the election was rigged: that does not add up to a large voter population group. It's a minority. Just I'm tired of pundits acting as if it's a huge population majority believing this.
ReplyDeleteI have learned over time that percentages and polls can lie and tell the truth at the same time.
Delete"20% of the people surveyed, said...' means one in five. Or 2 in ten.
"80%" of people interviewed believe santa is real". 100 people, 80 of whom were children under the age of 7.
My all time favorite, "20% if the women in this blind study died of heart failure" turns out, there were 5 women in the study. One was probably obese and diabetic.
I'd like to know how many Republicans were interviewed, for that one. It sounds like a huge number, doesn't it. This is one Republican that voted almost a straight democratic ticket this year. No one asked me...
at the current rate of progress, they will need two straight-jackets at the White House come Inauguration Day. one for the Orange Idiot... and a much-smaller one for that thing living atop his head.
ReplyDeleteIf I were Biden right now, I'd seriously be wondering if the prize is worth the shenanigans Trump is exhibiting. Lord alone knows what sort of mental bear traps he has laid out.
DeleteThere are actually people out there who see this as normal behavior for a grown man.