The zoom on this thing is amazing: the phoebe was a good 40 feet away on a branch I may get over this, but not anytime soon, I suspect
Monday, June 29, 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

It's good to see you are okay and having fun with that camera. It seems everyone now is using their cell phones for a camera. I hate those long skinny pictures that are taken on phones. I still check your blog every day.
ReplyDeleteI don't know as I've ever paid much attention to cellphone cameras: the last one I saw was on the cellphone my husband bought me two years ago, and I've never had my hands on it since.
DeleteThis one, is mine. mine mine mine.
what's really fun with this, you don't have to sneak up on birds or anything else, the zoom is marvelous, I can sit on the porch and get some really nice shots without the wildlife even knowing about it.
They're almost as camera shy as I am.
It's nice to think someone actually checks this thing. I noticed they changed the 'back room' operations on Blogger-much harder to know where you are and how to get back to the main screen.
sigh. I just with folks would stop trying to make things bettah. =)
And it's always nice to see you here, Harvey...miss ya.
I, too, was preparing to contact you to check your status/welfare. Those silent periods, these days, can set those who care to worrying.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you got that nifty camera, though, please post away!!!
yes, I realize that, and I do apologize. Us old guys need to keep track of one another, eh.
DeleteI'll try to do better. If you get truly concerned, I still have email. But I understand, we've both lost touch with people and never heard back from them.
It's worrisome.
Lovely pictures. What's the camera?
ReplyDeleteMy blogs are done entirely on my phone. It's so handy because it's always with me, and if I happen in something interesting, I can catch it. But it's not zoomy quality.
This is a Panasonic Lumix F28 with a 375 page manual (seriously), a killer zoom; it can take videos, movies, wide angle shots, it beeps and boops and has enough buttons to satisfy almost anyone, and a fold out lens so you can see what's REALLY behind that board over there...
DeleteMy husband is the kind of man who reads the entire manual and tries to commit it to memory. I'm the sort who basically just needs to know how to turn it on, off, and what does this funny button down here do...one step at a time, yep.
I loved my old one but the focus was no longer trustworthy, so I decided it might be time for what will probably be my last camera.
it's fun to use, you can sneak up on critters without moving a muscle, like that phoebe, which was clean across the yard.