We are, like the rest of the country, self- quarantining; I have no problem with that, I've always been perfectly content to stay home, putter, read, nap, work through whatever 'thing' it is I'm doing at the moment. I do wish the Mr. were more into cards, board games, whatever; I grew up in a family of game players, and thank god for the internet or I'd be going mad right now.
We haven't officially closed off venturing out, he goes out once or twice a week to fill in the gaps in the food department, but I see that dropping fairly soon, since NH is now beginning to see the dubious return of the spring break kids, and the even scarier return of spring skiing people and all those older people who have second homes in Florida.
This too, will pass. I think we'll have lost some friends, some companions and families, and definitely more than a few jobs. In a way, in a terrible way, this is like being washed on an old fashioned scrub board. I doubt if we will ever again take for granted the freedom of walking to the grocery store, or spending time in a park, or talking to your best friend over a chess game.
The streets have all blown clean by now. Wind sweeps through the cities without a soul to slow it.
The air is cleaner, judging by the photos. It won't last, but it's good to know it's self cleaning...
It snowed here last night, a good two inches. And again this afternoon. But I notice the lilac bush is budding out, tiny bits of leaves. Seasons don't wait.

I enjoy just sitting at home, I watch tv a lot, and it seems that Trump has to speak every afternoon and ruin my day. I do play cards and enjoy it much. Today my remote for my tv quit working so I went to Dollar General and bought a universal remote. After spending hours trying to program the thing, it wouldn't work either. I finally figured out it was my tv, not the remotes. I unplugged the tv, plugged it back in and every thing works. It was a better way to spend the day than listning to Trump.
ReplyDeleteTrump ruins a lot of days like that. I cannot abide the man, his voice, his mannerisms, his language.
DeleteWhen my husband has his speeches on the computer I tune him out on mine with YouTube and ear plugs.
Glad you figured out how to fix what was wrong. If we had a tv I'd not be watching it anyway...
No, season’s don’t wait. I look outside and I am seeing the beauty of spring, but what is going on around me is, (gosh, I hate this word) surreal. I don’t see an end until there is a vaccine and meanwhile there is so much sorrow and fear.
ReplyDeleteI think something like this has brought out those things that make us human, both the good parts and the bad parts. On balance I see a great many people who are putting themselves in harm's way to help other people, and others who are staying home, wearing masks, and behaving like humans; governors and officials who can make it happen, like Governor Cuomo and others--maybe they are like the boy at the dike, plugging the holes as best they can, but it does help.
DeleteThe rest, the hoarders, the disbelievers, the Trump believers, I ignore. We'll always have some of them, too. They just stand out more, because they're louder.
Most people seem to have settled in to the new routine and are waiting it out with varying levels of patience and cooking. Im on another site where it seems everyone has hauled out their cookbooks and are doing wonderful things with sourdough and apples and porkchops. =)
I'm making bread as long as it's chilly enough to keep the stove going, and weaving, and playing online games. And reading. My husband has discovered a huge rockmaple limb that just begs to be brought home and turned into firewood.
Happy happy man. And he's turning into a first class shopper.
Chins up, lady. It gets better. Really. And spring is upon us. Even through the snow, it's there.
much enjoyed this journey around your ruminations :-)
ReplyDeleteAnd thank you for that, I do look in from time to time at your own ruminations, and promise to do so more often.
DeleteSpring has finally decided to join us for a few short weeks (basically spring around here is a few brief weeks so we can get used to the blackflies and warmer weather) before summer arrives.
Just because the calendar calls it spring doesn't mean what we want it to mean. A foot of snow in late march is NOT springlike, Im sorry. =)
Stay safe, M... Muldon? Milten? Can't recall your name from Simcountry anymore. In any case, stay well, stay safe, wish you the best.
ReplyDeleteIt was Muldoon, I admire your recall, lol. Sorry I haven't been around lately, Laguna, it seems that other things have taken over, and the narrow range of responses here make me feel that I should be elsewhere. Sigh. It happens.
DeleteI trust you are well and thriving and staying safe as well. It seems we are all living in a dangerous time, and as the oriental curse apparently states: "May you live in interesting times".
Boredom is not as bad as it's cracked up to be.
Is Simcountry still a thing, or has that gone the way of a lot of older places...?
Laguna, if you're out there, I just checked on Simcountry. Wow. It has grown up since I was there, way way more sophisticated than I could handle, Im sure. I'd need a crash course in almost everything to even get in the door, lol.
ReplyDeleteAt present Im involved with something called Elvenar, which lets you choose the elf side or the human side, and is quite beautifully presented. Also quite complicated without being life-or-death in any way.
And time consuming, perfect for the quarantined among us.