Wednesday, March 18, 2020
Live long enough, you learn how to do stuff
This is nothing new, I know, but it's the first time
I've ever brined chicken and baked it. We had just
about given up on chicken, since his teeth don't work
so good no more, but he brought home three
wonderful looking chicken breasts (the man is becoming
a shopper. Scary, lol.) and I thought, the least I can do
is try.
This time I brined them, and my god were they good.
why doesn't someone TELL me these things...!
He's using cents off coupons, he's reading labels, at least
if something happens to me he can buy stuff if not cook it.
I may introduce him to the magic of hard boiled eggs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Look out. He'll be onto toast! Mashed potatoes! Tuna salad! Actually the shopping is pretty impressive for starters. Actual food, not exciting little pots of caviar..
ReplyDeleteHe's not a fancy eater, no pigs knuckles or swedish limpa, and it's taken years, but now he takes the list and gets all the stuff on it, and most importantly, gets creative.
DeleteHe gets his own lunch, he doesn't eat breakfast, so my only concern is supper and that's limited to what he can actually chew comfortably. Soup is good. =)
I'd love to see him whipping out mashed potatoes or tuna salad, but somehow... probably not...
frankly he has as much interest in cooking as I do in car repair.
wanna share the recipe?
ReplyDeleteFairly straightforward: about a T. spoon of salt in enough water to cover the chicken breasts, let them soak for about 15 minutes. Take them out, patted dry, and bake in a 350 deg. oven for about 15 minutes. Turn once, to make sure they bake all the way through.
DeleteYou can also lightly roll them in spices: garlic, sage, onion powder, pepper, whatever sounds good.