Thursday, August 8, 2019

this 'n' that



Arm and Hammer

Ligget and Meyers

Fred and  Wilma Flintstone

Jack and Jill

Pat and Mike

Roy and Dale

Sonny and Cher

Simon and Schuster

Penn and Teller

Lewis and Clark

Martin and Lewis

Black and Blue

Princess and the Pea


Thursday13



9 comments:

  1. I like this. So do my aunts & uncles. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was quite a ride and all made sense to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait. You mean Martin Lewis wasn't one name? Oh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well there is a Martin Lewis here: https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/martin-lewis-21-day-car-18857254

      But the Martin and Lewis I meant were two very different people (Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis), big in the 50s. =)

      Delete
  4. The worst part is discovery: I realized that Barney and Betty Flintstone just didn't sound right and I actually had to go look the silly thing up. OH, the embarrassment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ligget and Myer was a new one for me. Pat and Mike as in the movie with Hepburn and Tracey?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah. I just looked it up, and it was a tobacco manufacturing company and as soon as I saw that, I thought, oh ho, L&M cigarettes, and that takes me back to the mid 60s or thereabouts. No wonder it wasn't familiar. For some reason I thought it might have been an old Pharma company.

      Yeah, Hepburn and Tracy. Loved that movie. When I watch those movies now, it always seems as if they were sped up, but that was how a lot of light comedy movies were, in those days, not pratfalls, but slapstick dialogue.

      Delete
  6. Didn't recognize one or two but got the general gist of it. Wondered about the last one, though. Prince and Princess?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the fairy tale about the Princess and the Pea...

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waw0U9tKpW0h

      Delete