Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Custard-- Letters from the Rescue Bear Society


I found him on the toy table at the Salvation Army,
looking sad and puzzled. 

His name, he told me, was Custard.  Charlie approves. 
He looks a bit shaggy, but I think he was a sleep bear,
not a play-with bear, since he's old but not worn. Just
matted.  All in all, a good day in all directions.

6 comments:

  1. He's a Good Boy.Very glad he agreed to give your house a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not want to be known as the Bear Lady, but being a Rescue Home for Bears and Stray Cats is cool. Now and then one will appear in a store display (the bears, not the cats) or idling along in the toy section. And suddenly there I am at the check out counter with a new bear. Or, as in this case, a very old one.

      I do sometimes wonder who would--or could--part with a bear like this?

      Delete
  2. It is always nice to have a bear around the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, true. My first bear (MISTER Bear to you, madam) was a drugstore rescue bear, over 35 years ago. He rode home with me, head out of the bag, looking quite pleased with himself. Little Bear followed a few years later. And Scrappy Bunny, with looks that could kill and a mean straw hat.
      And now Custard. He seems to be getting along nicely, which is always a relief, on all sides.
      The cats don't seem to mind at all.

      Delete
  3. that is such a lovely photo. it speaks of comfort and love and home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. He's fitting in well with the other bears, no arguments (they've all been where he was), and they are more than willing to share desserts with him. Bears love desserts.



    ReplyDelete