Thursday, December 20, 2018
Comfort Food
The winter solstice
The summer solstice
First fire in the stove in the fall (and a shed full of wood waiting)
Last fire in the stove in early summer
Walking into the kitchen from outside on a very cold day
to a very warm stove; it envelops you like a warm blanket
Geese migrating. No matter which way they go, they're going home.
Apple blossoms
Meeting an old friend for the first time
Fresh baked bread
Finding music on You Tube you never knew was there
Realizing that where you are is where you want to be
Terry Pratchett
White Cheddar popcorn (and yes you can put melted butter on it)
http://newthursday13.blogspot.com/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

great list my preferences for sure
ReplyDeleteI had to stop at 13, I was beginning to think about all the other comfort foods. Maybe next week...(and thank you)
DeleteCan't play this week, but I CAN comment, and hereby do so, very favorably. Well done, JT!
ReplyDeleteAs long as you're okay (and just busy), then Im okay too.
DeleteReads like a poetic list. Gone to look up Terry Pratchett.
ReplyDeleteI guess it is, Colleen, in a way.
DeleteThe most poetic part is the white cheddar popcorn, with butter. yes, please, I do believe I'll have another.
"Meeting an old friend for the first time" Wow!
ReplyDeleteGlad you liked that one, Su-siee, I did too. Thanks for noticing it. =)
DeleteTerry Pratchett was somewhat unexpected in that list.
ReplyDeleteheh. I read him fairly regularly, from start to finish, and find new pleasures and old friends. That, to me, is comfort food, every time.
DeleteWinter is upon us. Maybe in January I'll have another go at him. It's almost time. =)