Thursday, June 7, 2018
Vengeance is mine, saith the weather gods
Every year I have this little dance I do, about the storm sash/screen door sash and when should I put in the screen? Seems like a simple question.
Every year if I guess wrong, two days later we are visited by the mother of all snow storms, or a temperature dtop to below freezing, and I just know after all this time, there is no right time for switching from storm sash to screen. The weather gods are waiting for this.
April was ungodly, May wasn't much better, so I held off. Five days ago, on a lovely balmy June day I finally unsealed the back door and put in the screen insert on the entry door. Nice. Warm wind wafting in, birds shouting...overnight the temperature went from 75 to 40. It started to rain, and the wind picked up. I've had the kitchen stove going ever since.
Today was semi nice, we rounded up a cousin and went for a woods walk, waving hello and goodbye to about three million mosquitoes. Damp but doable. My husband keeps believing those god awful 10- day forecasts, which unravel hour by hour from warm and sunny to inclement weather to possible hailstorms and snow...
I love weather but frankly I'd rather read about it than live through it. =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Yes, this year has been different and full of surprises, weather-wise. Mother Nature has kept us guessing.
ReplyDelete