Monday, November 20, 2017

conundrum



because I thought
it less than a dream
but truer than I dared to hope
because I thought of all
there was and all there never would be
conjoined with hope and loss
until I would not
separate the two
and because I thought you real
but lost
I lost the chance I never knew I had
to make you real once more

8 comments:

  1. Sometimes we must let go of our dreams, only to question our decision later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep. And sometimes the dream refuses to let go of us. It's like a homeless puppy that keeps following you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're there, but not. I hear this. Salute, JT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you do, Mr. L. All those rugsucker dreams, that follow you from house to house...

    ReplyDelete
  5. A poem I understand. It is like you almost wrote it for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wrote it for me, but also for anyone who has been there, too. Im glad you understand it, Harvey.

      Delete
  6. Hi Mittens~
    Just seeing if I can climb the fence here

    Perse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it looks as if you made it, Perse. Even if you are anonymous. Whew. I thought for a minute I had deleted you, lol.

      Delete