It was time, and this is the one that to me says 'cook stove'. Shelf instead of warming oven, no water reservoir, no fancy bits. Just a fire box, an oven, and moi. Six weeks, give or take. This is more exciting than a new refrigerator, *g*
near as I can tell, an Aga is a gas stove and not designed to heat the house, just the food. We need an all purpose wood stove, since Im not a fan of gas stoves in general.
Only problem is, I now have to retrain the wood guy; I ask him for 16" wood, and hope he keeps it under 18"; now we will have to do a whole new dance for next year, lol.
oh, I shall, jak. Chapter and verse. I now am looking at the wood that's being delivered, gauging what will fit and what will go elsewhere...I know most stoves give you a bit of leeway as to how long a stick it will take, so 17" can mean anything up to two inches longer. With luck and determination *g*
It should be here in maybe a month. INSIDE is another matter entirely (one phase at a time, she said, breathing softly)...
Nice looking stove! Have you ever considered an Aga?
ReplyDeletenear as I can tell, an Aga is a gas stove and not designed to heat the house, just the food. We need an all purpose wood stove, since Im not a fan of gas stoves in general.
ReplyDeleteOnly problem is, I now have to retrain the wood guy; I ask him for 16" wood, and hope he keeps it under 18"; now we will have to do a whole new dance for next year, lol.
Wow. That is gorgeous. The lines and the finish. I am crazy impressed. Do you have a photo of what you're using now?
ReplyDeleteGood looking piece. You must let us know how it cooks.
ReplyDeleteoh, I shall, jak. Chapter and verse. I now am looking at the wood that's being delivered, gauging what will fit and what will go elsewhere...I know most stoves give you a bit of leeway as to how long a stick it will take, so 17" can mean anything up to two inches longer. With luck and determination *g*
ReplyDeleteIt should be here in maybe a month. INSIDE is another matter entirely (one phase at a time, she said, breathing softly)...