Friday, November 3, 2017

The gift that just keeps giving and giving...



Power's back, the tree crews have been moved (I suspect) onto tree clearing in other parts of the state--and this morning we got a phone call from the electric company.   Oh dear, I thought.

she seemed sooo happy to find me at home, and then told me there was a 'slight problem' with our bill this month, because of the storm.  The automatic meters apparently had been damaged by the storm, and our bill was a  "little bit higher than it was supposed to be."  Pause.  "Quite a bit  higher."  Pause.
"Actually it's "$162...thousand".   I started laughing at that...

She said it would probably be arriving today or tomoroow, and we did NOT have to pay it ("oh good")  and a corrected bill would be in the mail by next week. 

I did the math on that, and it figures out to exactly 180 years of  phone service  at our current bill average. 


4 comments:

  1. Very glad you didn't find out on opening the bill!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yeah. I feel sorry for anyone who comes home from work today to find a 150K electric bill in their mailbox, yes indeedy.

      Rod says we have to frame this one. =)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. The bill doesn't worry me, I just hope the electric company doesn't start insisting that we need to pay this or have our power cut off. eeeee.
      It was funny, though.

      Delete