Tuesday, June 20, 2017

It's only Monday and already it's way too interesting...



The older I get, the harder it is for me to deal with phone calls.  Oh, I love getting them, I just have trouble making them.  This morning I had to Deal With The Bank, and change my debit card, because the wind apparently shifted at one point and just to be sure, they issued me a new card, which I had to activate on the phone.  I hate this.

I did just fine with the card itself, and then it came to date of birth,  Now I should know this, right. I looked at what was the expiration date and it looked like a good birth date (my husband's actually) so I started in on that, suddenly realizing it wasn't mine at all and I had no idea what mine was.

So I hung up and started over.  This time we got allll the way to the end,  I was still sitting upright, even remembered my password.   Then I had a nap.


6 comments:

  1. The thing that does me in is when I have to give my phone number. I don't ring it so I tend not to know it..

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have to give our phone number all over the place, so that part's easy. But I think seeing my husband's birthdate as my expiry date threw me a bit. Sometimes all the corners just dont lay down flat for me, and this was one of them.

    And if you ask me quick I do have to stop and think, birthday birthday...

    Our phone is now hooked into the fiber optic system out here, and it turns out that when we lose the power, now, so goes the phone. We have a cell phone, but I never use it, so, like you, I don't know the number off hand. and when you call the power company to let them know you're without power, they get a bit strange about that odd phone number that is "not in our system, ma'am".

    Sometimes simplifying your life just makes it more complicated...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Physically, I agree; but i've learned not to let things I can't change bother me. At least not the way they did 20 years ago.

      As it says in the heading, Life is too short. Eat dessert instead.

      Delete
  4. Welcome to the golden age. My memory is getting terrible. Not just long time memory but short time too. There is nothing I can do. It is really sickening when I go to the store and meet someone who calls me by name and asks me how I'm doing. I say I'm fine..then wonder for days....who the hell was that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Harvey I have the same trouble. I keep forgetting the names of things: tablecloth, couch, porch...and yes, a LOT of bluffing when total strangers address me by name...
      My dad was only in his mid 60s when he started forgetting things like that, and it would drive my mother crazy--at supper he would say, "Boy did I get an earful today!" and she'd perk up, oh boy, gossip--there'd be a pause, and he'd say, "if only I could remember it. It sure was juicy..."

      You're not alone, Harve. Come sit by me on the --er--table no, that's not it, stone wall, no, that isnt right...big flat, got arms--ah, yes, bench. Come sit by me on the Forgetful Bench. =)

      Delete