1. "oh, of course you do" when you have just said you don't: "no thank you, I dont care for broccoli,/ asparagus,/ deviled eggs,/ or shoestring potatoes" or whatever you are passing up for whatever reasons you may have.
Usually accompanied by a generous helping being dumped on your plate to emphasize what a fussy eater you are.
2. "you dont need to diet, LOOK at you you're skinny as a rail" when someone has just said, "I'm on a maintenance diet, lost 137 lbs and I want to keep it off", and almost invariably spoken by someone who yes, does need to lose weight and weight loss, by anyone else, she feels, make her look like Man Mountain Dean.
3. "you really need to exercise a bit more, come ON, slowpoke, lets get some muscle going" when you have just said, "The doctor warned me about too much running, skiing, leap frogging, etc." "it might pull my stitches out" accompanied by a sharp tug on the arm and a forced gallop that you can only break by falling down and forcing them to let go of you.
4. "dont be silly, you'll look just fine in the photo, just SMILE" when you have just said, I do NOT want my photo taken, tyvm..." and their disappointment, accompanied by "well, you probably should have combed your hair a bit"
5. The man who sits behind you at a red light and toots at you to 'go ahead, go ahead' as if you were
able to leap six cars and soar to the front of the line
6. The old gentleman who gives you that automatic 'beepbeep' the instant the light turns green, and if he is behind you through more than three lights you can understand how road rage got its name...