Thursday, March 9, 2017
1. I worry that we might all be monitored in some fashion, very soon
2. I have found places on the net where any news commentary concerning the Donald that is in the least critical of his actions is represented by an opening statement that has turned into an unclickable link. "oops, we can't find that. error 401" yep.
3. Anytime I see outrage or fear or anger expressed, concerning the new admin, I wonder how long those kinds of expressions will be allowed to continue.
4. There is such a thing as too much power and the wrong hands wielding it. In the wrong hands, obviously, any power is too much.
5. I've been seeing several blog entries sent to me that start out obviously not in favor of this or that, politically, click on them, and the link is broken. "File not found." and i wonder who pulled the plug. I know, I've done the same thing at times, but rarely. This seems to be happening more and more.
6. We are being catapulted back to the time before women's rights were an issue, before integration, before birth control, before health clinics for abused women, and the days of "don't ask, don't tell".
7. It has become the norm to automatically praise any newspaper who resists the Donald's dubious charm/policies. I just wonder how long those papers will continue to exist.
8. The smirk, the sneer, the hand gestures, the wall.
9. That auto-blame that kicks in anytime something goes wrong. "it was X who did that." The classic sign of a Narcissitic personality. I know, my mother was one. If I was in FRANCE and she broke a dish, it was my fault. Trust me, she'd find a way.
10. Blaming people who are in no position to refute the claims, in order to deflect unwelcome attention about their own bad behavior.
11. People all too willing to believe that just because he's President he must be ready for sainthood and they behave/believe accordingly.
12. Years ago we impeached a President for sexual misconduct (and folks, that kind of 'misconduct' takes two) yet this time around we elected one who brags about it. Times do change.
13. Sweeping and all-inclusive laws that affect our personal lives, our behavior, and those of our friends, with no regard for the grey areas and the people who will be irreversibly damaged.
Posted by mittens at 12:14 PM