Wednesday, February 15, 2017
Ah, the memories:
1. full body girdles with stocking grippers (remember the dents?) to hold the nylons up
2. "are my seams straight?"
3. two inch heels for everything--even teachers, nurses and waitresses wore them
4. "mules" and yes they had heels too
5. lipstick came in two basic colors: red and pink, and when you were 16 you were allowed some.
6. if you colored your hair (it was called "dyed" back then) you never told anyone
7. home perms with little pink plastic clips and curl papers
8. homes for wayward girls (and it was ALWAYS her fault, right)
9. dress-up to go Christmas shopping, to the movies, even to the doctor
10. you wore blue jeans or slacks only at home and skirts to go out in public
11. I had a Golden Book (flip book), one side was "Just like Mommy" and the other side was "Just Like Daddy." grrrr.
12. real glass in your eyeglasses
13. little metal perforated curlers with a hinge that usually pulled out a chunk of hair when you took them out
New Thursday 13
Posted by mittens at 11:12 PM