Saturday, October 1, 2016

It Was a Very Good Year (6ws)



It Was A Very Good Year (Kingston Trio)  earworms 'r' us

Since last I mentioned this I have been hearing, humming, and singing this on a steady basis. Daily. Hourly. I found myself singing it at the top of my lungs on the way to town yesterday.  Not pretty.  If I knew how to whistle I'd be doing that, too.

I am desperate.  I may have to resort to Dock of the Bay or even something  from "Oklahoma":  "OhhhhhK-Lahoma where the winds blow heavy on the plains..."

6 comments:

  1. why Do Fools Fall In Love Under The Boardwalk

    ReplyDelete
  2. aargghhh my eyes my eyes
    I can hear them both

    They Call the Wind Maria Von Trapp

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes now I'm singing Under The Boardwalk!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our work here is done (high fives Mr. L)--

    ReplyDelete
  5. My father used to sing this song when I was young.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I find it an amazingly poignant song, a young man who manages to plow through a raft of young women, and then as he matures, more and more sophisticated women over time and ending up, at last, with memories and not much more.

    When I was younger, when the Kingston Trio first recorded this, I loved it for the unspoken sadness but never really thought about it much beyond that.

    Still prefer the Kingston Trio's version, after hearing that Sinatra's seems showy, too staged. But still elegant.

    ReplyDelete