Sunday, February 28, 2016

Charlie and his new 5 minute friend



 At the moment he is recovering from Playtime with Charlie.  I put him out in the leaves but he seems unwilling (or perhaps unable) to scurry away.  Afraid that he might just be in shock, I brought out a temporary shelter for him.  He went in and then came back out.


He is moving around a bit.  This is the sort of critter you want to adopt;  he truly looks like some cat toys I've seen.  Charlie is firmly in the house, still hunting for his new friend, and his attitude reminds me of when I can't find something.  'I know I left it here...somewhere..."

meadow vole

Later:
didnt make it. We found him part way across the lawn,  beside the tractor, all curled up on his side.  At least he wasn't pummeled to death by a playful cat...

No comments:

Post a Comment