Saturday, June 6, 2015

A Poem for Six Word Saturday (6WS)




LOVE SONG TO MY  WIFE
          (by J. Sprat)

Last week we fixed the door.
Today you broke the floor.
Every time you take a bath
I fear for every lath
and every beam and timber.
I am no longer young or limber
and it’s really getting harder
to avoid your mammoth ardor--

I think we need to talk.
You can no longer safely walk
without causing mass destruction
to the sturdiest construction
from the kitchen to the basement.
This will be the fifth replacement
of the stairs.  When you cannot make it
through a door without a jimmy
then I can no longer take it.
I’ve seen you in your shimmy.
I’d love you more, turtledove,
if there were just a little less of you to love.

                                       (published, Melic Review, long ago)

5 comments:

  1. Silly is as silly pens, but true love is always knocking inside our gigantic hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tough place to be & hard to state such facts tenderly. Nice work, JT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jack Sprat had a tough row to hoe, I think he deserved a medal. And a poem. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like it was a big woman that took care of you

    ReplyDelete