Monday, September 8, 2014

Follow up to "Someone is not reading what they're writing"

Saturday I got this 'special' looking envelope that gives you instructions on how to open it,  fold here, tear carefully, step one, step two, etc.  When I opened it  I discovered that my bank had given me a new pin number for my debit card.
wasnt that nice of them, I thought. A kind of follow up to the phone call(s) I made last week about setting my pin by phone.

then I looked at the number.  ho ho  ho.  its a different number.  So now it gets interesting.

1. is this the real pin number, invalidating the old 'new'  number?
2. do they both work?
3. and no one on the phone last week said anything about my old card (the old old card) being automatically invalidated as soon as the new (now known as the "old new" number) number was given/used/validated...I could have two cards, three pin numbers, and none of them speaking to each other.  lol
4.  if I use this to try to validate the card, will my card be eaten by the ATM and armed guards arrive to beat me senseless?
5. will using this number cause both numbers to become illegal?
6. if I use the other number,  will that open a hidden trap in the floor and both I and the offending card be thrown in among wolves and spiders?
7. will neither of them work, forcing me to invent yet another pin number?  shoot, after four years I finally had the old one memorized,  this new one took two looks...
8. I believe this calls for shoes and  a trip to the Bank in the City, so that if I do go up in flames I will be doing it on their territory and it will be their mess to clean up.

Stay tuned.  Film at 11, with video.

3 comments:

  1. I got a letter today saying they are changing the rewards program (the only reason I used their card) I guess it's time to search out another card other than Chase Freedom. Any change they make won't be with my needs in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your base are belong to us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this place, Harvey, its local, and we've been banking there for more years than I like to think about. But now and thent they do this sort of strange sleight of hand thing with debit cards, sort of like Mommy shielding you from starlight and the chance of moonbeams, and it makes you wonder a bit. Im not even sure what "compromised' means, in this context.

    Mr.Lavalette, I think you may have nailed it.

    ReplyDelete