Saturday, May 24, 2014

Too Much Green is Just Enough (6WS)

I have dug and mowed and mulched and mowed and planted and mulched and mowed and rearranged and dug and discovered ticks and black flies and mowed and it is now raining, and I can stop doing stuff.
As a friend of mine is fond of saying,  "I have leaped onto my horse and am about to ride off in all directions", and I never understand that more than when summer arrives.

All the apple trees are in full flower,  the lilacs and early peonies are one step away from  blooming.  This is the time of year I really like best,  when the tidying up is done and all those wonderful varied mounds of green are about to turn into something else.  All that potential, all those possiblities.


13 comments:

  1. You have worked so hard and now it's time to sit back and enjoy. Such a lovely photo, I would LOVE to be there!
    Have a peaceful weekend, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photo, JT. All we gots in dandelions. Okay by me.
    (You said peonies....made me think what the Skonkmeister man would reply)

    ReplyDelete
  3. we gots dandelions and escaped wild purple violets and wild strawberries on the lawn; obviously one must mow around all this, which means about 6 sq ft of grass actually gets cut.
    This is a view from the upstairs window, and its always like waiting for the curtain to rise and the show to start.

    I can hear him too, Ron. I think we always will.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes we are still mowing, mulching and moving plants around as well. Looking forward to sitting back and enjoying the work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Work and work and more work, but oh it's so worth it. Lovely photo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is beautiful! I want roll allover those green fields.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful view. I think it is worth all the work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful, lush picture!

    ReplyDelete
  9. summer is a busy time! Enjoy- pause and smell the roses too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh it is work, but fun, because its a 'want to' rather than a "have to'-- and the pleasure comes when I go out in the early morning just as the sun rises, and turn the corner by the stone wall and just inhale...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love having the Summer to look forward to, whether it's a good one or not :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your friend --- he's quoting Stephen Leacock.
    And there's never too much green!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always wondered where that came from, and ty for the info, boud. its a great image, isnt it.

    ReplyDelete