Saturday, January 25, 2014

ten suggestions for growing old gracefully (6WS)

1.  I shall not shuffle

2  Exercise, exercise, exercise

3.  I shall not wear green eyeshadow

4.  I will never agree  that 50 is synonymous with Senior anything

5.I will never allow anyone to make me wear a funny  hat

6. I will not go ON about ailments

7.  I will refrain from saying "when I was your age..."

8.  The doctor is not always right

9  What's 'best' for me  may not be 'right' for me.

10.  Turn up the radio and dance


4 comments:

  1. Hard not to shuffle, sometimes.
    Eye shadow was never an option (for me, anyway).
    I'm with you on the Senior 50 thing. AARP has that standard. HA!
    I keep my ailment grumbling to those few minutes in the privacy of my bathroom while I'm taking my giant handful of pills.
    I, too, refrain from saying "When I was your age..." but I have been known to point out, "I have shoes older than you are."
    I don't know about dancing, but definitely Crank It UP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shuffling, I agree. When im cruising the aisles with a shopping cart, sometimes I lapse into a shuffly glide and then think, omg, stop that.

    Yeah, you always struck me as more of a muted grey eyeshadow sort...

    I will willingly share, but only in a competitive fashon. The cat hears about the stitches and the pills.


    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this great advice! I will now continue straight to number 10 ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. good for you, and as I hurtle across the room i am reminded that we used to do this for three hours straight at dances, no wonder we were skinny...

    ReplyDelete