Wednesday, October 17, 2012

yo, earthquake

Not a major deal, perhaps, but the first one we've felt in maybe thirty years;  in California they don't even look up from their dinner,  but here it's major,  a bit exciting (I said "wow" a few times), no one gets hurt, and you have something to put in the memory book.  And you get to put in a "did you feel it" notation on the USGS map--one by one, people in most of the surrounding towns responded, like hands being raised in class.

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eventpage/usb000d75b#summary

4 comments:

  1. did u feel it? The last time you had one we did too about a week later. I slept through if.... Harvey.. I refuse to give Google my cell phone number

    ReplyDelete
  2. you dont have to, Harve, I think you can just skip over that part. I do. Everytime they ask me for my cellphone I ignore it. Mostly because I dont haaaave onnnnne...

    oh yes, we felt it. It was as if the house was on giant marbles, rolling along. It didnt last long, but it was neat to be able to actually feel one that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The earth is in motion, wherever I go. Everythings so slippery these days. Maybe it's just me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear that, Ron. Mine tends to tilt a bit, and lately trees and large bushes have been running into me. They really should pay more attention to where they walk.

    ReplyDelete