Thursday, July 28, 2011

symphony of one

Overheard in the checkout line:  "ya know, I worked, I slaved, I RUINT my health for thirty years,  and the thanks I get from those two ungrateful kids?  Nuthin.  I put my daughter through school, my son through college, not once did either of them come to me and say, 'ma, thanks, you did a great job.'  Mother's day?  I get a card, for crissakes, my DAUGHTER has to be somewhere else, can't even spend time with her mother,  my son showed up for ten minutes and left, and there I am (pending tears here) all alone on  a day that HONORS MOTHERS." (sympathetic murmurs from her new best friend)  NEVER brought their friends around, how do I know what kind of trash they're hanging out with, I worried over them, fed them, and never a thank you.  Kids, I don't know why I kept it up, (murmur murmur) all the thanks you get, that's all I can say..."

2 comments:

  1. If you didn't bitch all the time ma, I might want to spend more time with ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah, Harvey, got it in one.

    I'm sure she prays nightly to St. Whinge, the saint of Perpetual Martyrs...

    poor woman, I feel sorry for her, she makes her own misery.

    ReplyDelete