Thursday, June 23, 2011

Progress is progressing, albeit slowly

Finally got my 6 Roma paste tomato plants in, yesterday.  Between the rain and the ticks (shudder) and the rain and all the other 'hafta' things that needed doing, the tomatoes just had to wait.  I think theyll be okay, September babies instead of August.  Something tells me I am about to have a LOT of tomato paste.

We also have the shed half full of wood,  all of it either cut ourselves, or was left from last winter.  any day now I shall rush over to the phone and ask our wood guy if he will deliver us six more cords.  Yep.  Some part of me feels like this five cords of wood we have will (of COURSE) last us all through the winter. Luckily it's a very small part, easily shouted down by the older, wiser, chillier parts.

And the new cats are still 'the new cats' simply because they are.  They are assimilated with the other two, but not with us.  Whoever damaged them to get them to this point should be treated as badly for a few months, see how they like it.  Ive had cats like this before,  and it can sometimes take years for them to really
settle in.  But it's okay.  We gots a big house, and they have new friends, and that's what I was after, after all.

2 comments:

  1. «any day now I shall rush over to the phone and ask our wood guy if he will deliver us six more cords. Yep. Some part of me feels like this five cords of wood we have will (of COURSE) last us all through the winter. Luckily it's a very small part, easily shouted down by the older, wiser, chillier parts.»

    I'm not quite sure how I should read that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. very very carefully.


    oh now I have the giggles. *g*

    ReplyDelete