Saturday, May 21, 2011

Looking over my shoulder

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/may/20/the-rapture-judgment-day-us

ahem. If, as they say, the believers are going to be 'taken up' into heaven, that means they are going to be taken up bodily.  Which makes me wonder:  if you can't take it with you when you die,  why can't you take it with you when you ascend? 
Im not sure if I should be frightened of the coming Rapture (although the earthquakes do seem like a good show for those of us left behind), or more about the people involved in this.  If (and I always do like to hedge my bets about these things. You Just Never Know) it doesn't happen, there are going to be a lot of disappointed people and possibly a lot of penniless believers. 

And when you think about it, why DID they give all their money away?  If they dont need it, and we will be dead...

3 comments:

  1. I know a guy that gave away everything back in 88 when a simular thing like this happened. If you are a non believer you arent going to believe this stuff, If you are a believer and study the bible, you shouldnt believe it either since the bible plainly states not even the angels in heaven know the last day. I hope someday people quit following idiots like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree. our only hope is that he can't last too much longer. Granted, there will always be a cult somewhere readying themselves for the end of something. And always people who need so desperately to believe in something, or someone, that they will do just this--give away their money, or their lives, to find peace and approbation. You do sort of wonder about the day after, for them.

    The really bizarre thing, is the volcano eruption last night in Iceland...

    I can hardly wait for his explanation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe The Rapture did happen. I think like 7 people made it in. The rest of us were pretty much already in Hell, anyway. No biggie.

    ReplyDelete