Wednesday, May 27, 2009

oh its raining

What a lovely deep chilly rain. The temps never got above 45 all day, and Ive been running a low fire of wood chips (which come with the wood we buy, in huge quantity) all day, rather than
dip into next wintah's wood.

I love the way potatoes sprout, they sort of boil up out of the hill already green and leafed out, ready to do battle with the elements. None of this wussy 'first delicate shoots' stuff, nossir.

Havent had much chance to tend the garden this spring because of the wood cutting we've been doing, but when I went out to the compost bin earlier, between downpours (well, almost) I realized that all the work I've done over the past few years means it now tends itself the way I think a garden should without being micromanaged into neat (read boring) weedless rows. I admire people who can do that, but I'd not want to be one.

No comments:

Post a Comment