Monday, July 7, 2008

whew that was scary. Yesterday in the middle of something my hard drive just turned itself off and died. Luckily I have a husband who Understands Such Things and he futzed with this and futzed with that and now I have a 100 G (oh be still my heart) hard drive in which I barely make a presence.
Its like being gifted with a 400 room house and told to fill it up. oh, right.

But it's also a kind of time machine, or at least as close as I think we might ever get to one. I had a backup system restore thingy that had been made a week ago, and my old back up hard drive was from January. I got to see things on that that I had forgotten even existed.

In a way losing a chunk of your life/time that way is like losing your wallet or your purse. Like bubbles coming up from the depths, you remember, one by one, what's missing. Oh damn, you think, there was that bill I was going to pay. My credit cards. That letter I just got and hadn't opened yet. Little things, but all of them part of you. That's what this felt like. There are five days gone from my cyber life that I will never get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment